This is bar none my favorite soup. It’s yummy, healthy and really easy to make. And what’s even more fantastic about is that my mom and I just made up the recipe on the fly.
– 1 head cauliflower, chopped up
– 1 container soft tofu
– 1/2 cup soy milk (make sure you’re using unsweetened) (Note: used 1 cup – too much)
– 4 cups vegetable stock (Note: used 5 cups – too much)
– 2 leeks, white parts only, or one whole leek, chopped
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic
– Dash cayenne pepper
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Heat olive oil in the bottom of a large soup pot. Add leeks and saute until soft. Add garlic.
– Add vegetable stock and cauliflower
– Simmer until cauliflower is soft
– In a separate bowl, combine tofu and soy milk and mix with stick blender until smooth, then add to soup
– Use stick blender to mix everything until creamy
– Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
Variations: added 1/3 cup frozen peas before blending and cooked wild rice after. Yummy. Or add a chopped potato in with the cauliflower.