I loooove this potato salad from allrecipes.com. It is my all-time favorite potato salad recipe. It has fairly simple ingredients but it does take a while because you have to boil everything and then chill it in the fridge, not to mention peeling the eggs!
* 3 pounds unpeeled red potatoes
* 4 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons soy milk
* 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
* 1/2 cup sliced green onions
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1.5 cups sliced celery
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15-30 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.
2. At the same time, place eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and dice.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, distilled white vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper.
4. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and celery.
5. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
Note: This recipe makes a lot. We recently made a double batch for a potluck and that was a little crazy. A single batch will be enough for most occasions.
Next time: I would add a bit more vinegar and salt.
I give this recipe a strong 4/5 happy monkeys.
This recipe was also submitted to The Nourishing Gourmet’s Pennywise Platter Thursday.