This recipe isn’t very hard to make but it tastes best when you let it marinate overnight, so it takes a while. It is super yummy though when you take the time to make the effort. I like to have it with sauteed greens on the side. I give this recipe a 4/5 happy monkeys.
Tamari soy sauce
Block of tofu
– Mix marinade together. I don’t really measure. I just pour a bunch of stuff together and mix it up with a fork. Could also add lemon/lime maybe or other green spices.
– Cut tofu into six big rectangles
– Press tofu for 20-30 minutes: Wrap terry towel in a smooth towel and place on plate. Arrange tofu flat on towels. Place another plate on top and place a heavy item on top
– Marinate tofu: place in flat-bottomed pan with marinade. Spoon marinade so it rests on top of the tofu. Marinate for as long as possible.. ideally overnight in fridge.
– Spatula tofu onto a cookie sheet (we use a pizza stone) and broil on High for 10-15 minutes on one side
– Flip tofu, spoon the remainder of marinade on top of the tofu, broil on High for about 5 minutes.
Take out of oven and enjoy!
This recipe was also submitted to The Nourishing Gourmet’s Pennywise Platter Thursday.