I’ve gotten this at Whole Foods a couple of times and with two heads of cauliflower in the fridge, it was time to make my own. It was easy and delicious. Here’s what I did:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break one head of cauliflower into florets, the smaller the better (and if your cauliflower is three weeks old from before you went on vacation, like mine was, cut off the bad parts). Throw into a nice Le Crueset pan. Save the stalk for stock.
3. Liberally sprinkle capers and raw nuts in. (The nuts are my own add. I pretty much don’t roast any veg these days without throwing in some nuts.) I usually use pecans but used cashews this time.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower. Squeeze one lemon over (careful of the seeds). Press one garlic clove over. Add lots of salt and pepper to taste (maybe 1 TSP, and 1/2 TSP respectively)
5. Mix together and throw in oven until nicely browned, maybe 20-25 min
6. Turn the heat up to 500 degrees for another five minutes, or until the tips are nicely black and singed.